Thursday, February 14, 2013

Mountain Style...

Traditional Chalet in Megeve, French Alps

February being the height of the ski season, I will indulge in one of my favorite's yearly post, a "chalet" or refuge of sorts, in the mountains. Throughout this post, I will live vicariously via the homes of the fortunate ones, for short of a small flat in the Pyrenees, I do not yet own my dream ski retreat. I pester my husband to leave everything behind and run to the mountains where I would build our ultimate retreat.

Mine would be modest, 3 or 4 bedrooms max, entirely built in logs, however in a modern style with open spaces, huge fireplace and walls of glass. A well stocked intimate library with a fireplace is a must. Each bedroom to be on the smaller size, cosy in muted tones with a fireplace and a fabulous view.  I would beg for an outdoor heated swimming pool... nothing better to relax the sore muscles from a wild day on the slopes than laps in the pool. Doesn't sound too modest after all...especially if located in any of my favorite ski towns, Chamonix, Megeve, Gstaad, Aspen, Jackson Hole, Park City, Vail and of course Whistler where I try to go at least once a year.

Enjoy my dream....


A must: an open living room , bright, airy with an inviting fireplace






A place to work....with a view!

On the contemporary side


Very chic minimalist

A warm intimate bedroom is the ultimate refuge



Kids can play all night in their stylish dormitory



A fabulous bathtub is a must



Dream ski closet!!


Hope you enjoyed

A bientôt,

Francine

All images from my Pinterest


If you would like me to put my custom chalet fantasies to work on your mountain retreat, contact me here


For previous stories on my favorite
 chalet hotels, ski houses and mountain style stories:





7 comments:

  1. Yes, very modest angel!

    Gorgeous beyond belief, and as I get older I think apres ski might even feature, where it never did before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tour on this gray Valentine's morning in the Pacific Northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh là.....Francine, un autre billet rempli de beauté français! ET MERCI d'être venue voir et ecouter ma traduction de cette chanson que je trouve si sublime.

    GROSSES BISES! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still, my heart.
    I have always dreamed of having a chalet in the snow covered mountains. The wood here is just beautiful, and the views are breathtaking.
    Happy Weekend.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just jumping into your dream Francine. Just wait for me whilst I put on my salopettes !!!!
    Enjoy your fantasy and I'll enjoy it along with you !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter