Monday, April 14, 2014

Design On A Dime



This year again, I will participate in the fabulous fund raising event  "Design On  A Dime". 
This April, Housing Works will celebrate the 10th anniversary of New York City most popular interior design benefit.
The event will be held at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea. The event last for 3 days and features 50 of the wold's top interior designers. Each designer will create a room vignette and all merchandise will be offered  at 50 to 70 percent off retail. Rosario Dawson, actress and AIDS advocate is the honorary chair, Michael Boodro, editor in chief of Elle Decor will be one of the co-chair.
The highlight of this event is the opening Night Reception on April 24th, with hundreds of VIPs and  celebrities who mingles with us, designers and shop, shop and shop some more...

All profits of Design on a Dime go to Housing Works whose goal is to provide New Yorkers living with aids, housing and services.

Last year, our booth was designed for an imaginary dandy. I was in Africa while my team was putting the booth together. I did most of the creative, donating pieces from my Showroom INTERIEURS as well as relying on our vendors 'generous donations. I had a fond thought for my associates on the night of the party, while sipping wine under the African sky…

This time, for a 10th anniversary, I am going bold, making a statement…. It has been quite a process. Furniture showrooms  were not as generous and I had to rely on our chore vendors. Romo fabrics with whom we have a wonderful relationship provided us with their brand new collection off fabrics…simply amazing! powerful black and white statement. Mario Valle upholstered the sectional whose frames were made by…myself and my dear husband. We learned carpentry in a week-end as we  could not find anyone willing to make the frames… the result between Mario's incredible skills and Romo fabulous textiles is beyond my expectations. Innergaze who is behind our most challenging projects, designed and built a console, while rugs, accessories and accent furniture and lighting came from the Interieurs Showroom. Even my son was involved as he designed a fish tank for the occasion.
The artist, whose name I will reveal after the opening, is working on 2 huge canvas which will be graffiti art. I am really into graffiti… see my Buenos Aires post here.

If you are in New York or planning to visit, please do come to the event and visit our Interieurs booth.

Design on A Dime 2013 inspiration


Interieurs Design Studio by Francine Gardner booth 2013








Below are  the inspirations for the upcoming Design on A Dime 2014







Final rendering for our booth:


Would love to hear your thoughts!!! too crazy ?


A Bientôt,

Francine

Looking to design your house? would love to be of help…no worries, my designs can be more tame...








7 comments:

  1. Francine I think this concept is so very cool. I love the velvet furnishings and those outdoor pillows and poofs are incredible!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could come take a peek. Isn't it so fun to go outside "our boxes" from time to time! I know it will have your usual panache!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francine, this is so exciting. I bet you take 1st prize, I am coming to NYC for a wedding but have to return on the 20th. This is such a wonderful benefit. Fantastic idea with the Graffiti. Good Luck
    and I know you will be the most interesting of them all. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francine - I think these are wonderful, edgy, yes, but still so inviting, I would LIVE on those gorgeous burgundy velvet armchairs - what a fantastic color with the b & w. Did you and your husband build the beach furniture in the tent? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love it! I always go bold. Go big or go home!

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Francine is Jose's Star Lamp still available? It is on your Pinterest page.

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work and such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter