Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wedding Bells!

My dearest friend Michelle and I met freshman year in college. We have ever since been the closest of friends, leading symbiotic lives.

A couple of months ago, she annouced: Alice is getting married! My heart sank, Alice...but she still is so young, how can our children even think of getting married? What does that make us? I still feel in my heart and mind (alas, not body) like that young, free spirited adventurous young girl who decided to study in the States... Once the shock set in, I called Michelle and said: "OK, Alice is getting married, I'll come over, bring wine and let's plan a wedding.

My role was to convince Alice to have flowers at the wedding...I couldn't visualize a wedding without colors. I went to the flowers market in New York and picked flowers according to Alice's favorite colors, purple, yellow and white:




The setting: Stowe, Vermont


Famous Trapp Family Lodge


Stowe is a beautiful quaint town


The wedding

Chairs and tables are set by the amazing bride's maids. A wonderful group of girls... who said that M.I.T girls can't have fun?




The flowers... 5 hours in the making...




photo by http://geoffhansen.com

Here comes the bride accompanied by her mother.

Thank you Laura Mercier for your waterproof mascara...At this moment when "no longer... little Alice" walked down the aisle, I was absolutely bawling


photo: http://geoffhansen.com

Mr and Mrs Friedman

photo: http://geoffhansen.com

Did i mention? ...Michelle and I are starting an event business

The planners (my humble self wearing a necklace , created by our very own Marsha of SPLENDEROSA)
splenderosa.blogspot.com



A Bientôt,

Francine



If you would like me to create your personal and ideal home, contact me about our Interior Design Services

















6 comments:

  1. Beautiful day, beautiful flowers, beautiful bride.

    And you look wonderful. All the best to the young(ish) couple:):.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sentimental. Francine you have me all welled-up! Beautiful, beautiful, and oh so memorable. Looks like everything was perfect ~ I'm sure the bride and groom would agree.
    Send me your business card. I'll hang on to it for "down the road."
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Francine, you are a wonderful friend! The wedding looks very personal and intimate and such a lovely setting.. Very excited to hear about your event business. Of course it will be a success.

    xoxo
    Karena
    Feature: Artist Anne Harwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo of the girls with their hula-hoops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of it is so very beautiful, Francine...right down to Marsha's necklace! :) The couple are gorgeous and I wish them many years of happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a wonderful post and beautiful pictures! wishing the couple all the very best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter